MARSHALL, Lara J. Dec 31, 2012 9:17:44 GMT
Post by LARA JILLIAN MARSHALL on Dec 31, 2012 9:17:44 GMT
[style=width: 85px; letter-spacing: 2px; border-bottom: 2px solid;]BASICS[/div]
FULL NAME: Lara Jillian Marshall
NICK NAMES: None
AGE AND BIRTH DATE: 21, 06/05/1991
NATIONALITY: English, German, Scottish
MEMBER GROUP: Outsiders
HAIR COLOUR AND STYLE: Her hair is blonde and reaches just above the middle of her back. She likes to dress comfortably, usually with tanktops, slighty loose sweaters and jeans. She avoids jewelery or other pretty things that could make noise or are easily grabbed. Her hair will normally be let down, but if it's needed, she will tie her hair up.
EYE COLOUR: Hazel.
BUILD: Athletic, slender.
HEIGHT AND WEIGHT: 5'8", 124 pounds.
TATTOOS: Left side of ribcage; Te amo como se aman ciertas cosa oscuras, secretamente, entre la sombra y el alma - meaning I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul.
SCARS: A few small ones from poking herself with weapons accidentally. A long one on her knee from when she played baseball as a kid.
ANYTHING ELSE: None.
- Lara stands above average at 5'8" tall and an average weight of 124 pounds. She's slender with slight muscle definition.
- Her almond shape eyes often change from blue to hazel. She doesn't know why; she's never noticed a pattern, but she doesn't question it.
- Her likeness to being outside during the night has prevented her from tanning, so she has fairly light skin.
- She got her tattoo when she was 19 after she'd met her boyfriend. It is in black cursive.
- Both her ears are pierced, plus her left top cartilage.
- The scars she has she's gotten from playing with weapons or making sure her arrows are sharp. Sliding into home while playing baseball gave her the long scar she has on her shin that spreads up to her knee about 4 inches.
- On normal days that aren't cold nor rainy, Lara likes to wear tank tops or blouses. Light, flexible.
- Jeans are her main choice for covering her legs. They do the job perfectly fine in sun or rain. On those rare really warm days, she will bring out a pair of jean shorts that she carries around in her backpack.
- She has a pair of black leather gloves should she have to climb.
- The only pair of shoes Lara owns are black leather 'combat' boots. She'd found them in a car right when the apocalypse hit, they fit perfectly and has had them ever since.
- The only jewelery she has is a ring that her boyfriend gave her before he died. She doesn't want to keep it, but she doesn't want to just throw it away either.
- Her long, blonde hair is almost always down. She ties it up when she needs to focus, like when she's trying to get one place to the other and needs to kill off zombies along the way.
LIKES: Solitude, late nights, the colour blue, rooftops, music
DISLIKES: Responsibility, vulnerability, weakness, feeling threatened, going hungry
STRENGTHS: Determined, disciplined, perceptive, easy going, her athleticism, her minor knowledge of weaponry
WEAKNESSES: Small children, food, incredibly small spaces, her father, watching people die
SECRETS: She's actually afraid of dying alone
FEARS: Being trapped
GOALS: To survive, to find her lost cat
QUIRKS: Bites her lip
HABITS: Swearing, smoking
- Lara doesn't try to be inherently mean, but she often comes off that way. She wants to be responsible for herself, and only herself, so she likes to stay away from other people.
- Surviving is one of Lara's main goals and she will do whatever it takes to do so. If she has to steal, if she has to kill, she will do that.
- Being taught archery at such a young age has come in handy for Lara. She has mastered her skill and is a fairly good marksman.
- Growing up in London has made it easier for Lara to find food herself without putting herself or others in harms way.
- When she does happen to come across people, she doesn't necessarily shoo them away. She will chat, maybe share some food. She tries to help them forget about the death all around them, but she will always go the opposite way.
- She tries to never get attached to people, or even like them. She much prefers to remain another face passing by.
- Tight spaces can cause her to have panic attacks. It makes her feel stuck, something Lara definitely doesn't like.
- Children are probably the only people Lara will ever put herself in danger, to the point of possible death for. Thankfully she hasn't ran into any yet. She doesn't know how she would be able to cope if she wasn't able to save them.
- The zombie apocalypse has definitely brought on a shortage of edible food. When Lara is hungry, she tends to become irritable.
- Lara is a nightowl; she definitely prefers to travel at night.
- Swearing is something she likes to do. A lot.
- When she's nervous, she bites her lip. Sometimes she bites it enough to the point of drawing blood.
- She enjoyed playing sports when she was younger, so she is already fairly athletic and has no problems with climbing or tough, exhausting situations.
- Lara can be neurotic. She will often check her arrows, make sure her bow is strong yet flexible. She does this regularly, even when she knows she takes good care of her weapons.
- Despite her wanting to be alone, Lara's biggest fear is dying alone.
HOME TOWN: London
WHERE WERE YOU?: At her now deceased ex boyfriends apartment.
WHERE ARE YOU NOW?: Currently holding up in a abandoned house, will most likely have to move out due to zombies investigating.
PARENTS: Beatrice - 42, social worker, Mother, presumed dead
Joe - 44, shop owner, Father, presumed dead
ANYONE ELSE?: Peter - 22, mechanic, boyfriend, deceased
PETS: A white ragdoll cat with blue eyes named Atlas, probably long gone by now, but she's not going to stop keeping an eye out for him.
COMPLETE HISTORY: Lara was born in London, England to a rather young middle class family. Beatrice, Lara's mother, had just started her work as a social worker, but was forced to put that on hold to take care of her young child. Once Lara was a couple months old, Beatrice went back to work to begin making money for the family, as Joe's, Lara's father, archery shop wasn't enough. Every day, Joe would tell his daughter how he was going to teach her how to use a bow and arrow once she was old enough and he'd stayed true to his word.
Eventually Lara became old enough to go to work with daddy once she came home from school. She sat on a stool behind the counter, telling customers to have a nice day or waving them off. For her sixth birthday, her father gave her a custom bow, one that wasn't too big for her. She would go in the back yard of their home and use it every day, usually opting to play with her bow instead of her friends. She practised and practised, until she was nearly hitting the little yellow circle in the middle every time.
Lara always did well in school, she wasn't exactly an A student, but she did okay. She spent most of her time day dreaming, wishing she was back at home to practise her speed and accuracy. While other girls were trying on make up, Lara just wanted to shoot things with an arrow. As Lara got bigger, her bow got smaller, and she had to retire it, keeping it safe in her room. She eventually graduated to the larger bows and was immediately comfortable.
Although archery was her first love, boys began to notice her and she noticed back. Her passion was put on the back burner for a while as she explored herself and the world. She broke hearts and got her heart broken, learned that she could hold her own in fist fights. It wasn't until she met Peter, the love of her life, that she went back to what she'd loved doing. He reminded her of who she really was and she went right back to her old ways, though this time she had someone to join her. Peter took up a love for archery himself.
Two years went by and the love between Peter and Lara was still strong. They'd even talked about marriage, but something happened to get in the way of that. The morning of the apocalypse, Lara was woken by the television. She shook Peter, waking him up, and after rubbing the sleep from their eyes, they watched an emergency broadcast flash across the screen. Unsure of what they were hearing, they looked out the window and saw the destruction. It didn't take them long to pack up and move.
The first place the couple went was Lara's old home, where her parents were, but they weren't in their beds or anywhere in the house for that matter. After a couple minutes of panicking, they decided that if they were still alive, they would call, but before they had to leave, Lara wanted to grab one thing. She ran into her father's room and found his bow, right where he'd left it.
They grabbed supplies, extra arrows and started walking, attempting to find anyone who had information. Scavengers already had their pickings, leaving not much for anyone else.
It took a day for Lara and Peter to find anyone else; a middle aged couple and their teenage daughter. Luckily they were not hostile and even offered food for the younger couple. That night, they slept with a full stomach, but they were not out of the woods. The dead had found them and on their own stupid fault. Their fire had been too high, too bright and it attracted the enemies. The father, who'd been on watch, alarmed the group and asked for aid from Lara and Pete while the girl and mother gathered their supplies and put out the fire.
Lara managed to snipe a few from afar with her bow, watching the dead stumble over each other. They were over powering. In an attempt to take out a zombie that had gotten way too close, another lunged for Peter, tearing the flesh from his arm, causing him to recoil and collapse. A horrified Lara could only watch as a dozen or more zombies fed on her boyfriend.
At this point, she didn't care about the family anymore. She retreated, grabbing her bag, her arrows and running. She ran and ran and, once she thought she was far enough, climbed the side of a building to climb into a window, adrenaline fuelling her. Then she puked. She dropped everything she'd been carrying and bent forward, emptying her stomach onto the floor. So this is what it was going to be like from now on?
ALIAS: Dani or Syndicate
TIME ZONE: Central
ROLEPLAYING EXPERIENCE: Started when I was 13, stopped at 16, trying to start up again.
AVERAGE WORD LENGTH: Meehhh, around 500?
ROLEPLAY SAMPLE: I have no good recent samples of my writing. It's fairly.. clumsy at the moment, but the more I RP, the better I get. =3
This application was made by Kat, the admin, for London's Fallen. Stealing or adapting in any way will result in frowny faces and tutting.